Nobody wishes to experience the grumpy face of an angry customer. But there are times when complaint management proves to be a savior for most of the companies, and that is most of the times. In every organization, there are plights when the customer loses their sense and act erratically. This can happen because of a mistake committed by the cashier in a departmental store, or a tailor in a retail shopping place, and situations alike. It is the employee’s or owner’s way of handling the situation that marks their developed and skillful behavior in the eyes of people.
Complaint management has lately acquired even more value in the work genre, but there are still few actions which are not familiar to people which might save the traumatic situation in a jiffy. Let us now read them all.
- No place for emotions! : While dealing with a customer one cannot be emotional and that is the first rule. There is nothing more jeopardizing than reverting to a raging customer that triggers their anger. What one can do is listen to their issue calmly and in the same manner, answer them back with a solution.
- Never raise a dispute to their question: A customer in many circumstances are wrongly claiming things, but one must never interrogate their status – which will do nothing but erupt their anger. Always listen peacefully and show them your gratitude for sharing the problem.
- Well, thank them: ‘Kill them with kindness’ is a phrase which is so apt here. A customer will be pleased to witness you thanking them for taking their time to talk about the issue.
- Accept their words: one must carefully understand the spotlight of a customer’s issue. It can be any of the complications as discussed above or something else. Always acknowledge their version.
- Encourage them: An aid, is what a frustrated customer needs, and that must be provided by the concerned person. It can be by the way of changing a particular item, or providing the service free of cost, or catering them with a voucher or a complimentary gift or anything alike. This will also retain you the customer.
- Being adaptable: if the normal ways to please the customer is in vain, then other ways must be adapted. For instance, one can always pair up with a nearby movie theatre and offer the customer free tickets. This way, the theatre will also gain popularity along with a precise B2B marketing ground.
- Make them comprehend your state: A customer needs to hear out your version too. After they have stated their infuriated words, it is the other person’s strategy to make them understand what they exclaimed. The manner of questioning has to be polite, of course, but the customer has to be asked whether they have understood. They are to be told why the concerned person won’t be able to provide them with their exact need if that is the case.
- Confess with gratitude attached: perform both gestures at the same time. A customer can be healed with an apology and can even be pleased with a ‘thank you’ note in the end. Letting them know you meant it, you have accepted the flaw and working on it, that you’re taking their issues seriously – all these marks a very pivotal role in running the business.
- Further, look into it: After all, these are done, make sure to check them out by pinging them after 24 or 48 hours. This will give the customers an insight into their concern and will retain them.
- Progress: dwelling in the past is never an option. After all, these are done, one needs to move on. The issue though has to be kept in mind and worked on. The business will be stagnant if one goes on reminiscing the instances. Complaints are very usual in business and one needs to be headstrong when it comes to dealing with the same.
- Sort out the meaningful complaints: it mostly happens that free customers call to ask for gifts or products. These are not your concern, but there are featured customers who call and whose calls are to be attended properly, to retain them – as they turn into permanent customers mostly.
- Customer labelling: Few distinguished types of customers who’re likely to be present in every organization are:
i) The tired one who either doesn’t expect you to solve their issue or the other, who doesn’t want to be a burden for you. Enquire them to receive effective answers.
ii) The well-off one who has to be kept in the VIP list and prioritized in the same way.
iii) The arrogant one who is always grumpy.
- Transfer while explaining: mostly, calls are transferred to a different person or department by the CRM team. The customer has to be answered in a very swift yet explanatory manner so that they understand that you value them.